Futures Mixed as Oil Takes Breather
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stock futures were trading along the flat line as oil prices take a breather but investors fear that further violence in oil producing countries could cause more supply disruptions.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were down by 9 points, or 8 points below fair value, at 12,069. Futures for the S&P 500 were higher by two-tenths of a point, or marginally below fair value, at 1309, and Nasdaq futures were lower by 5 points, or 9 points below fair value.
The Nasdaq dropped 1.4% yesterday after Wells Fargo cut its rating on chipmaker stocks, saying sales growth will likely slow. The Dow and S&P 500 also fell amid fears that rising oil prices could hurt the economic recovery.Oil prices paused Tuesday amid
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV