TomoTherapy, James River: Small-Cap Winners
The deal values TomoTherapy at $4.80 per share, a 31% premium to its previous closing price. TomoTherapy shareholders would receive $3.15 in cash and 0.1648 shares of Accuray common stock for each TomoTherapy share they hold.
Shares were soaring 24% to $4.56. Volumes jumped to 15 million shares.
Shares of James River Coal (JRCC) were also rising on deal news. The coal miner said it plans to buy International Resource Partners for $475 million in cash to boost coal and shipping. James River secured $375 million in financing from Deutsche Bank AG and UBS AG for the deal.The stock of James River was surging 12.5% to $22.78.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV