Then: CEO Beenz
Now: founder of Blur GroupBeenz, an online currency provider, was the dot-com precursor to Facebook Credits. Founded in 1998, the U.K.-based company positioned itself as the official currency of the web, letting consumers earn "beenz" through activities like visiting a Web site or online shopping. The e-currency could then be spent online through participating merchants. The company hired former software exec Philip Letts as CEO, and raised three rounds of funding from prominent investors like Oracle (ORCL) founder Larry Ellison. It its most high-profile deal, beenz was integrated into MasterCard's (MA) credit and debit cards, allowing users to spend the currency in offline stores. Letts helped Beenz expand rapidly, opening five offices in Europe, in addition to those in New York, Silicon Valley, Australia and Asia. He also grew the staff from 15 to 340 in less than two years. He left the company in mid-2000 to helm B2B marketing services company Tradaq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV