HUTCHINSON, Minn., March 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hutchinson Technology Incorporated (Nasdaq:HTCH) today announced that it has received 510(k) clearance of the InSpectra™ StO2 Spot Check from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The product, which is targeted for use in emergency and critical care environments, is a cost-effective tool to help rapidly assess tissue perfusion and shock.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8837 .
The InSpectra StO2 Spot Check (model 300) consists of a hand-held device, cable, reusable sensor, charging station and rechargeable battery. This product enables clinicians to quickly and cost-effectively identify at-risk patients. Once identified as having low StO2, patients can then be continuously monitored with the InSpectra™ StO2 Tissue Oxygenation Monitor (model 650). These two products help reduce the time to critical actions and identify the endpoints of resuscitation."This is an exciting development for the assessment of critically ill patients," said Brahim Ardolic MD, Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital (Staten Island, NY). "With Spot Check, we can quickly assess patients at increased risk of adverse effects due to decompensation of their status." "Multiple clinical studies demonstrate that patients with low StO2 are at risk of poor clinical outcomes and that 20-30% of emergency room and ICU patients have low StO2 even though other vital signs are normal," said Rick Penn, president of Hutchinson Technology's BioMeasurement Division. "In addition, recent research suggests that using StO2 to guide patient treatment results in improved clinical outcomes as well as economic benefits in the form of shorter length of stays in the ICU and the hospital."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV