NEW YORK, March 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kohlberg Capital Corporation (Nasdaq:KCAP) (the "Company") announced its 2010 financial results.
- Net investment income for 2010 was approximately $11.9 million, or $0.53 per share.
- During the year, declared dividends of $0.68 per share.
- Net change in unrealized losses on investments of approximately $8,323,000, or $0.37 per share.
- At December 31, 2010, the fair value of the Company's investments totaled approximately $191 million.
- Net asset value per share of $8.21 as of December 31, 2010 as compared to $9.56 as of December 31, 2009.
- Net realized loss of $17.9 million for 2010, or $0.79 per share.
"With the de-levering of our balance sheet that was completed on January 31, 2011, the Company now has the operational flexibility to re-invest in new transactions at higher spreads. Our current loan portfolio has a yield of approximately 9% which we believe we can increase during the course of 2011. Of equal importance, the de-levering did not have a negative impact on credit quality. As of the end of 2010, all but one of our CLO equity investments are distributing cash on average at a yield in the mid-20% at fair value and all previously accrued management fees payable to KDA have been paid and all KDA managed CLOs are current on all management fees and equity distributions."Operating Results For the year ended December 31, 2010, the Company reported total investment income of approximately $29.4 million, compared to approximately $33.9 million, in the prior year period. Investment income from debt securities decreased $9.7 million, from approximately $24.20 million in 2009 to approximately $14.4 million in 2010 due to a reduction in size of our loan portfolio primarily due to lower average investment balances on which interest is earned. The decrease in average assets is primarily due to paydowns and settlements during 2010. In addition, investment income from CLO fund securities was approximately $10.2 million in 2010, and Katonah Debt Advisors, the Company's wholly-owned asset manager, paid a cash dividend to the Company of $4.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV