Golden Star Resources dipped 5.8% last week after the stock was downgraded to sell from hold by TheStreet Ratings. Mines Management slipped 5.3%.
Among others, James River Coal (JRCC), Metalico (MEA) and Kinross Gold Corp. (KGC) dropped around 4.5%, 2.4% and 2.2%, respectively. However, Canaccord Genuity maintained a buy rating on Metalico last week.
Steel Stocks United States Steel (X) and AK Steel Holding (AKS) fell 1.7% and 1.5%, respectively. However, analysts at Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of AK Steel from underperform to neutral with a $17 price target. AK Steel has advised that a $400 per ton surcharge would be added to invoices for electrical steel products shipped in April 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV