Golden Star Resources dipped 5.8% last week after the stock was downgraded to sell from hold by TheStreet Ratings. Mines Management slipped 5.3%.
Among others, James River Coal (JRCC), Metalico (MEA) and Kinross Gold Corp. (KGC) dropped around 4.5%, 2.4% and 2.2%, respectively. However, Canaccord Genuity maintained a buy rating on Metalico last week.
Steel Stocks United States Steel (X) and AK Steel Holding (AKS) fell 1.7% and 1.5%, respectively. However, analysts at Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of AK Steel from underperform to neutral with a $17 price target. AK Steel has advised that a $400 per ton surcharge would be added to invoices for electrical steel products shipped in April 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV