- Solid base of producing assets in three key renewable energy sectors: Geothermal, hydro and wind. Six operating plants in three locations: two geothermal plants in Iceland and one in Nevada; two hydro plants in British Columbia; one wind farm in British Columbia; and an option on one solar project in Ontario. - Increased production capacity: 2011 production capacity of 198 megawatts generating 1,340 gigawatt hours/year from Magma's geothermal assets and 168 megawatts generating 460 gigawatt hours/year from Plutonic's hydro and wind assets. - Significant immediate increase in cash flow generation to both companies. - Strong growth platform in geothermal, wind and hydro sectors: Near-term growth in Iceland and Nevada geothermal production; near-term growth prospects in British Columbia hydro and wind assets and Ontario solar assets; significant large long-term growth prospects in Chile, Peru, Nevada and Iceland geothermal assets and British Columbia hydro assets. - Shared commitment to social responsibility: Both Magma and Plutonic recognize a commitment to social responsibility and sustainable development of renewable energy projects. The shared values and experience in this area will be a competitive advantage in creating long term value for shareholders and the communities in which Alterra operates. - Complementary management teams: Magma's and Plutonic's highly regarded management teams blend renewable energy exploration, development, financing and operations skill sets. - Significant administration synergies: Estimated at $2.2 million per year. - Financial support: Magma to provide short term financial support to Plutonic by subscribing for a $10 million convertible debenture.
MAGMA ENERGY CORP. AND PLUTONIC POWER CORPORATION ANNOUNCE MERGER TO CREATE ALTERRA POWER CORP.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.