4. Assured Guaranty (AGO) provides financial guaranty insurance and reinsurance, as well as mortgage guaranty coverage.
Data from Bloomberg has analysts predicting earnings of 84 cents per share in 2011 first quarter as against earnings of $1.69 and loss of 86 cents per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Earnings per share are pegged at $3.59 for 2011 and $3.27 for 2012.
The stock's return-on-equity was 15.0% during the past 12 months, whereas MBIA (MBI), PMI Group (PMI), XL Group (XL) and Old Republic International (ORI) had ROEs of 1.9%, -135.3%, 7.1% and 0.7%, respectively.Data from Bloomberg has analysts predicting an average 12-month target price of $24.8, up 77% from the current level. Of the eight analysts covering Assured Guaranty, five recommend buying and three suggest holding. The stock is currently trading at an attractive forward PE multiple of 3.96 and EV-to-EBITDA ratio of 5.2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV