5. Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical major.
The company reported a loss of 24 cents per share for 2010 fourth quarter against a loss of 8 cents and 9 cents per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Loss per share is pegged at $1.31 for 2011 and $1.16 cents for 2012.
The stock has a 73% upside over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $15.4, analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast. In comparison, pharma giants Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Pfizer (PFE), Merck (MRK), Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY) and Eli Lilly (LLY) have upsides of 1%-16%.Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 8 recommend buying and 3 suggest holding, representing 73% buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV