6. US Airways Group (LCC) operates an air carrier network that transports passengers, freight and mail.
The company reported earnings of 17 cents per share for 2010 fourth quarter, in comparison to loss of 49 cents per share and earnings of $1.22 per share in the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Earnings per share are pegged at $2.24 for 2011 and $2.44 for 2012.
At $8.36, the stock trades at an attractive PE multiple of 4.9, whereas Delta Air Lines (DAL), AMR Corporation (AMR), Jet Blue Airways (JBLU), and Southwest Airlines (LUV) are trading at PE multiples of 10.3, 6.4, 5.6 and 11.8, respectively.The stock is expected to gain an average 61% over the next 12 months, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Of the 13 analysts covering US Airways, 7 recommend buying, and 6 rate holding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV