2. Boeing (BA) designs and manufactures commercial and military aircraft.
For the fourth quarter, revenue and net income declined 8% each to $16.55 billion and $1.2 billion, respectively. Metrics for the defense, space, and security (DSS) segment, which accounts for nearly 50% of Boeing's revenue, were superior when compared to overall operations. The segment's revenue and net income were $8.2 billion and $816 million, declining 4% and 2%, respectively. However, the company's operating margins were better at 10%, compared to 9.7% in the prior year's final quarter.
Backlog at DSS is $65 billion at the end of the fourth quarter - double the expected 2011 revenue, management indicates. Revenue guidance for 2011 is between $31.5 billion and $33 billion with operating margins between 8.5% and 9%. The stock trades at 17 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV