3. General Dynamics (GD) is a prime contractor of defense-related products and services, addressing segments like aerospace, marine and combat systems, serving both domestic and international customers.
The company reported 2010 fourth quarter earnings of $729 million, surpassing $618 million recorded in the same quarter last year. Full-year 2010 earnings stood at $2.6 billion, compared to $2.4 billion for 2009 fiscal. Fourth quarter and full-year 2010 revenue reported was $8.6 billion and $32.5 billion, up 9% and 1.5%, respectively.
Operating margins advanced 12.5% for the fourth quarter from 12% in the prior year quarter, largely attributable to 250 bps improvement in the aerospace segment.Total backlog was $59.6 billion and management indicates 2011 earnings per share of $7-$7.1 per share, compared to $6.88 per share in 2010. The stock is trading at 10.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV