3. General Dynamics (GD) is a prime contractor of defense-related products and services, addressing segments like aerospace, marine and combat systems, serving both domestic and international customers.
The company reported 2010 fourth quarter earnings of $729 million, surpassing $618 million recorded in the same quarter last year. Full-year 2010 earnings stood at $2.6 billion, compared to $2.4 billion for 2009 fiscal. Fourth quarter and full-year 2010 revenue reported was $8.6 billion and $32.5 billion, up 9% and 1.5%, respectively.
Operating margins advanced 12.5% for the fourth quarter from 12% in the prior year quarter, largely attributable to 250 bps improvement in the aerospace segment.Total backlog was $59.6 billion and management indicates 2011 earnings per share of $7-$7.1 per share, compared to $6.88 per share in 2010. The stock is trading at 10.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV