4. American Science and Engineering (ASEI) is a U.S.-based supplier of X-ray inspection systems and other detection technologies for global customers.
The company reported revenue of $77 million for 2010 third quarter, up 40% from the prior year's $55 million. Net income reported for the quarter was around $12 million, compared with $6 million for the same quarter last year.
Reviewing the performance, Anthony Fabiano, ASEI president and CEO, said, "Our solid performance continues to been driven by strong contributions from our 'big three' business areas -- Cargo Systems, Z Backscatter(TM) Systems, and Field Service. Our bookings in the quarter were marked by breakthrough strategic orders from key customers. These included $34.4 million in orders placed under the $67 million U.S. government IDIQ contract for Z Portal(R) systems that will be deployed on multiple U.S. border crossings."
The stock is trading at 19.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings and has 57% analysts' buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV