4. American Science and Engineering (ASEI) is a U.S.-based supplier of X-ray inspection systems and other detection technologies for global customers.
The company reported revenue of $77 million for 2010 third quarter, up 40% from the prior year's $55 million. Net income reported for the quarter was around $12 million, compared with $6 million for the same quarter last year.
Reviewing the performance, Anthony Fabiano, ASEI president and CEO, said, "Our solid performance continues to been driven by strong contributions from our 'big three' business areas -- Cargo Systems, Z Backscatter(TM) Systems, and Field Service. Our bookings in the quarter were marked by breakthrough strategic orders from key customers. These included $34.4 million in orders placed under the $67 million U.S. government IDIQ contract for Z Portal(R) systems that will be deployed on multiple U.S. border crossings."
The stock is trading at 19.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings and has 57% analysts' buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV