4. Celadon Group (CGI) offers a portfolio of truckload transportation services in the U.S., including long haul, regional, dedicated, less-than-truckload, intermodal, and logistics. The company's two largest trading partners are Mexico and Canada.
For its first quarter ending Dec. 31, 2010, Celadon reported a 25.9% increase in revenue to $1.12 billion. Meanwhile, net income escalated 13.8% to $126.6 million with earnings per share of 45 cents. As of Dec. 31, 2010, the company's backlog of signed orders stood at $13.1 billion, or triple annual revenue. The company holds a strong liquidity position with $700 million in available capital, including $80 million in cash and cash equivalents as well as $600 million under its line of credit secured through 2012.
Going forward, the company believes that increased client project visibility and merger with Stanley will prove positive and improve profitability in 2011. Celadon plans to extend its share buyback program to February 2012, as it delivers attractive returns to shareholders.Eighty percent of analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 21.1% from current levels to $18.2 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV