4. Celadon Group (CGI) offers a portfolio of truckload transportation services in the U.S., including long haul, regional, dedicated, less-than-truckload, intermodal, and logistics. The company's two largest trading partners are Mexico and Canada.
For its first quarter ending Dec. 31, 2010, Celadon reported a 25.9% increase in revenue to $1.12 billion. Meanwhile, net income escalated 13.8% to $126.6 million with earnings per share of 45 cents. As of Dec. 31, 2010, the company's backlog of signed orders stood at $13.1 billion, or triple annual revenue. The company holds a strong liquidity position with $700 million in available capital, including $80 million in cash and cash equivalents as well as $600 million under its line of credit secured through 2012.
Going forward, the company believes that increased client project visibility and merger with Stanley will prove positive and improve profitability in 2011. Celadon plans to extend its share buyback program to February 2012, as it delivers attractive returns to shareholders.Eighty percent of analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 21.1% from current levels to $18.2 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV