5. USA Truck (USAK) is a nationwide truckload carrier specializing in general commodities across the U.S., into and out of Mexico and parts of Canada. The company provides brokerage and rail intermodal services. Its operating segments are Trucking and Strategic Capacity Solutions.
The company recently reported its fourth quarter and full-year 2010 financial results. For the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2010, net loss narrowed to $1.8 million, or 17 cents per share, compared to $2.51 million, or 24 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue increased to $122.09 million from $100.32 million earlier. For full-year 2010, net loss narrowed by more than 0.5% to $3.31 million, or 32 cents per share, and revenue grew 20.3% to $460.16 million.
The company recently adopted SkyBitz for its trailer tracking technology for efficient asset utilization across its fleet, and for enhancing customer satisfaction through improved asset allocation and logistics and load security.Sixty-seven percent of analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 20.3% from current levels to $16.1 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV