5. USA Truck (USAK) is a nationwide truckload carrier specializing in general commodities across the U.S., into and out of Mexico and parts of Canada. The company provides brokerage and rail intermodal services. Its operating segments are Trucking and Strategic Capacity Solutions.
The company recently reported its fourth quarter and full-year 2010 financial results. For the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2010, net loss narrowed to $1.8 million, or 17 cents per share, compared to $2.51 million, or 24 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue increased to $122.09 million from $100.32 million earlier. For full-year 2010, net loss narrowed by more than 0.5% to $3.31 million, or 32 cents per share, and revenue grew 20.3% to $460.16 million.
The company recently adopted SkyBitz for its trailer tracking technology for efficient asset utilization across its fleet, and for enhancing customer satisfaction through improved asset allocation and logistics and load security.Sixty-seven percent of analysts covering the stock recommend a buy on it, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 20.3% from current levels to $16.1 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV