6. Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) is a general use car rental brand engaged in equipment rental businesses in the U.S. and Canada. The company operates in two business segments: Car rental, which it accepts at 8,100 locations in approximately 145 countries; and Equipment rental through 322 branches in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, and China and through international licensing.
Earnings for 2010 fourth quarter, excluding non-cash debt and restructuring charges, were up 10 cents from the year-ago quarter of 6 cents. Revenue zoomed 5.5% to $1.84 billion. Heading into 2011, the company expects revenue in the range of $7.95-$8.1 billion and EBITDA of $1.27-$1.30 billion. Meanwhile, net income is seen in the range of $330-$355 million.
Renault recently signed a deal offering its electric vehicles to Hertz fleets and car-sharing club Connect across Europe. Hertz plans to add 500 units of the Renault range to its fleet over the next two years in Europe. The company recently forayed into Australia and New Zealand by acquiring New Zealand's Ace Rental Cars, the country's second-largest discount car rental company.Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 82% recommend a buy while 9% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 20.3% to $47.2 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV