6. Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) is a general use car rental brand engaged in equipment rental businesses in the U.S. and Canada. The company operates in two business segments: Car rental, which it accepts at 8,100 locations in approximately 145 countries; and Equipment rental through 322 branches in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, and China and through international licensing.
Earnings for 2010 fourth quarter, excluding non-cash debt and restructuring charges, were up 10 cents from the year-ago quarter of 6 cents. Revenue zoomed 5.5% to $1.84 billion. Heading into 2011, the company expects revenue in the range of $7.95-$8.1 billion and EBITDA of $1.27-$1.30 billion. Meanwhile, net income is seen in the range of $330-$355 million.
Renault recently signed a deal offering its electric vehicles to Hertz fleets and car-sharing club Connect across Europe. Hertz plans to add 500 units of the Renault range to its fleet over the next two years in Europe. The company recently forayed into Australia and New Zealand by acquiring New Zealand's Ace Rental Cars, the country's second-largest discount car rental company.Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 82% recommend a buy while 9% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 20.3% to $47.2 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV