7. Swift Transportation (SWFT) operates as a truckload carrier in North America, providing rail intermodal, freight brokerage services, and third-party logistics operations. The company handles short-to-medium-haul traffic lanes around its terminals.
For the fourth quarter of 2010, the company reported $48.31 million net loss, or 66 cents per share, as against a net loss of $357.13 million in the year-ago quarter. Revenue grew to $780.43 million from $668.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2009. For full-year 2010, net loss more than doubled to $125.41 million, or $1.98 per share. Revenue for 2010 advanced 14% to $2.93 billion.
Swift Transportation is seeking to refinance $1.01 billion loan with price of 350 bps more than the London interbank rate. Sources with knowledge of the refinancing program say investors would be offered a one-year soft-call protection of $1.01, meaning Swift would have to pay 1-cent premium over face value to refinance the debt in the first year.Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 17.4% from current levels to $17.7 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV