9. Werner Enterprises (WERN - Get Report) is a premier transportation and logistics company offering diversified services that include hauling truckload shipments of general commodities in both interstate and intrastate commerce. Besides, it also has a portfolio of value added services (VAS).
For fourth quarter ending December 31, 2010, revenue was up 5% to $463.2 million. Net income jumped 34% to $24.1 million. For full-year 2010, revenue and net income were up 9% and 41%, respectively.
During the first half of 2011, the company expects a major portion of its business to become eligible for rate increases through contractual renewals, or re-pricing opportunities. For 2011, the company intends to increase its capital expenditure to a range of $150 to $200 million from $119 million in 2010.Of the 24 analysts covering the stock, 58% recommend a buy and 38% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 8.2% from current levels to $27 over the next 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts