1. Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI) provides Asset-Based Truckload (Truckload) and Brokerage Services, or Covenant Transport Solutions (Solutions). The company serves truckload customers such as manufacturers and retailers, and transportation companies.
Covenant recently reported its fourth quarter and full-year 2010 financial results. Net income came in at $0.7 million, or 5 cents per share, from a net loss of $2.7 million, or 19 cents per share, in the same quarter a year ago. Revenue for the quarter soared 3.9% to $163.9 million. For 2010, Covenant reported net income of $3.3 million, compared to a net loss of $25 million in 2009, while revenue escalated 10.4%.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee 2011 net income surging to $7.35 million. A transportation analyst in his 2011 freight outlook believes that investors will find greater resiliency in transport companies that lease vehicles for businesses that ship goods, demonstrating cost flexibility. A BB&T Capital Markets analyst favors asset-based companies, as they not only benefit from rate increases but also higher volumes.Seventy-five percent of analysts covering the stock rate it a buy, while the remaining recommend a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting a gain of 35.1% from current levels to $12 over the next 12 months. >To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Transport Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV