10 Celebrities Who Lost Big Financially
Ordinarily a fairly savvy businesswoman -- especially considering she started her Maverick record label with Time Warner (TWX) almost 20 years ago before that was a thing to do -- Madonna's one major blunder came during her marriage to Guy Ritchie, which was filled with them.
Forget her and Ritchie's heavy ordnance of a film Swept Away, her "British" children's book The English Roses, her directorial debut Filth and Wisdom, her American Life album and her affected English accent -- you marry a guy who directs heist movies like Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch for a living and you don't sign a prenuptial agreement?
Madonna was worth $500 million during her marriage to Ritchie and, while the director didn't clean her out when their marriage dissolved in 2008, the $75 million he reportedly got was a nice parting gift.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV