The board of directors of Tredegar Corporation (NYSE:TG) declared a quarterly dividend of four and one-half cents ($.045) per share on the company’s common stock, representing a two cent ($.02) increase in the dividend on an annualized basis. The dividend is payable on April 1, 2011 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 18, 2011.
Nancy M. Taylor, Tredegar’s president and chief executive officer, said, “The increase in our quarterly dividend reflects our commitment to create long-term value for our shareholders. We are comfortable that our cash flow from operations will more than cover the increased dividend. Share repurchases continue to be another option that we will consider from time to time on an opportunistic basis through open market purchases. We believe that our strong financial position will allow us to drive shareholder returns while pursuing additional growth opportunities, such as strategic investments in our operating businesses and acquisitions.”
Based in Richmond, Va., Tredegar Corporation is primarily a global
manufacturer of plastic films and aluminum extrusions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV