- On February 22, 2011, Somaxon announced that it had received from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office a Notice of Allowance for claims in U.S. patent application no. 11/781,165, which significantly strengthened the Silenor intellectual property portfolio. This patent application generally relates to dosing Silenor at least three hours after a meal to promote faster onset of action and reduce the potential for next-day residual sedation. Because this food effect is described in the Silenor prescribing information, Somaxon will list the patent in the Orange Book once it is issued.
- On February 8, 2011, Somaxon announced that based upon positive commercial trends in the fourth quarter of 2010, it had engaged its contract sales force partner Publicis Touchpoint Solutions, Inc. to recruit and deploy for Somaxon an additional 35 sales representatives that will exclusively promote Silenor. Somaxon expects the majority of these additional sales representatives to be deployed in the field by the end of the first quarter of 2011.
- Somaxon has come to agreement with CVS/Caremark PCS Health, Blue Shield of California and Prime Therapeutics for unrestricted Tier 3 formulary placement of Silenor, and with the U.S. Department of Defense/TRICARE for Tier 2 formulary placement of Silenor. The CVS/Caremark entities and Prime Therapeutics are pharmacy benefit managers that manage commercial healthcare plans covering approximately 50 million lives and 2 million lives, respectively, Blue Shield of California covers approximately 3 million lives and TRICARE covers approximately 10 million lives. Silenor is currently reimbursed on other commercial plans representing approximately an additional 145 million lives, with final formulary positioning subject to final negotiation with such plans.
- On February 8, 2011, Somaxon announced that it had obtained from Comerica Bank a two-year, revolving line of credit for up to $15 million for working capital needs and general corporate purposes. To date no amount of the revolving line of credit has been drawn down.
- On February 3, 2011, Somaxon announced that it strengthened its senior management team through the hiring of Robert Cutler as Vice President of Business Development, responsible for driving Somaxon’s corporate growth strategy.
Somaxon Reports Financial Results For Full Year And Fourth Quarter Ended December 31, 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.