Bernstein Liebhard LLP is investigating whether wrongdoing occurred at Las Vegas Sands Corporation (“Sands” or the “Company”) (NYSE: LVS).
In its annual report issued on March 1, 2011, Sands revealed that it is currently under investigation by the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) for possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”). The FCPA generally prohibits U.S. companies and their intermediaries from making improper payments to foreign officials for the purpose of obtaining or retaining business. In its most recent annual report, Sands reported that it received a subpoena from the SEC requesting that the Company produce documents related to its compliance with the FCPA. The Company also disclosed that the DOJ was conducting a similar investigation. Sands shares fell approximately 6% on news of the investigation.
If you are interested in discussing your rights as a Sands shareholder and/or have information relating to the matter, please contact Joseph R. Seidman, Jr. at (877) 779-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bernstein Liebhard has pursued hundreds of securities, consumer cases and recovered almost $3 billion for its clients. It has been named to The National Law Journal’s “Plaintiffs’ Hot List” in each of the last eight years.ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. © 2011 Bernstein Liebhard LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Bernstein Liebhard LLP, 10 East 40th Street, New York, New York 10016, (212) 779-1414. Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV