BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Turmoil in the international oil market is a boon for North American energy.
That's particularly true for companies that own oil-shale and oil-sands properties, and those that provide oil-field services used in exploration and production.
Shares of companies in the oil and gas drilling industry have jumped 23% this year, the third-best sector performance of 148 tracked by Morningstar. Oil and gas equipment services is up 11%, ranking 18th. The S&P 500 Index has risen 4.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV