BioSante, Wendy's: Small-Cap Winners
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Deal activity drove small-cap action once again on Thursday asGlobal Defense Technology (GTEC), which provides information technology to national security agencies, agreed to be acquired by Ares Management in a deal valued at $223.1 million or $24.25 per share. Shares were skyrocketing 50% to $24.15
Also, shares of healthcare services provider America Service Group (ASGR) jumped 47% to $25.71 after Valitas Healthcare struck a deal to purchase the company for $250 million, or $26 per share.
In other news, Superconductor Technologies (SCON) rose 36% to $4.01 on volume of 8.3 million, nearly 12 times the stock's trailing three-month daily average of around 700,000. The catalyst for the sudden breakout wasn't clear but the shares have rallied since announcing the successful production of second-generation samples of its high temperature superconducting, or HTS, wire products on Feb. 2. Superconductor expects to begin deliveries of the samples soon.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV