NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), Jarden (JAH), Deckers Outdoor (DECK), Tyson Foods (TSN), Whirlpool (WHR), Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH), HanesBrands (HBI), Fossil (FOSL), Central European Distribution (CEDC) and Lorillard (LO) are consumer stocks that could appreciate significantly in the coming year, at least according to analysts' consensus estimates.
These 10 stocks have market caps of up to $12 billion and returned an average of 23% over the past year. The percentage of analysts giving each stock a buy rating ranges from 44% to 77%.
Analysts' consensus estimates indicate potential upside of 15% to 102% these stocks over the next year. However, Central European Distribution had a poor quarter in December, hampered by higher impairments. The stock corrected heavily in the last few days. Investors with risk appetite can consider the stock as the company is expected to provide good returns from current levels, even though it remains bogged down by lofty debt levels and a tepid earnings outlook.
In comparison, analysts' price targets for frontline stocks like The Procter & Gamble Company (PG), Nike (NKE), Unilever (UL), Kraft Foods (KFT) and Sony (SNE) imply upside of 11%-22%, based on strong fundamentals.The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside implied by consensus analyst estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV