2. Meredith (MDP) is a media and marketing company with two business segments: National and Local media. Magazine publishing, brand licensing, television broadcasting, integrated marketing, interactive media, and video production are some activities Meredith engages in.
The company raised its latest quarterly dividend by 11% to 25.5 cents per share, or $1.02, on annual basis. Meredith intends to initiate a share repurchase program with 1.1 million shares currently authorized for the same. The company currently has a dividend yield of 2.66%. Announcing its 17th consecutive annual dividend increase, Meredith has improved its dividend payout by 11% every year over the past decade.
Heading into 2011, the company forecasts earnings between $2.6 and $2.8 per share. For the third quarter, earnings per share are expected to range from 60 cents to 65 cents. The company's P/E ratio and the media industry's average stand at 12.4, which is much lower than the P/E ratio of S&P 500's 23, providing further room for gains.Of the 7 analysts covering the stock, 57% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 20% to $42 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV