3. Windstream (WIN) is a telecommunications service provider offering phone, high-speed Internet and digital television services. The company also offers a range of Internet protocol-based (IP) voice and data services and phone systems and equipment to businesses and government agencies.
The company recently announced a 25 cents per share quarterly dividend, which it has been paying since the end of 2006. The upcoming ex-dividend date is March 29, or payment on April 15. With a current dividend payout ratio of 57%, the company estimates the ratio to range between 52% and 59% for 2011. Windstream currently has a dividend yield of 7.9%.
Looking ahead, the company expects 2011 revenue to range between $4.01 billion and $4.14 billion. For the upcoming year, Windstream plans to focus on completing the integration of Q-Comm and Hosted Solutions and invest capital for its growth strategy.Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 40% recommend a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 16.7% from current levels to $14.45 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV