5. CenturyLink (CTL), operating through its subsidiaries, is an integrated communications company offering a range of communication services. The company's subsidiaries operate more than 7 million telephone access lines spread across 33 states.
Having a stable dividend payout history since 1991, the company recently made a dividend payout of 72.5 cents per share. CenturyLink currently has a dividend yield of 7%. CenturyLink's merger with Embarq is enabling significant investments in broadband services and is improving shareholder returns through healthy dividends, analysts say. Furthermore, the merger with Qwest will lead to similar synergies.
Heading into 2011, the company estimates operating revenue to narrow by 4%-5% from 6.5% in 2010. Meanwhile, for 2011 first quarter, revenue is expected to range from $1.68 to $1.70 billion and diluted earnings per share are foreseen between 66 cents and 70 cents.Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 55% recommend a buy, while 40% rate a hold. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 15.3% to $47.2 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV