NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Citigroup (C) appears to have sparked a bidding war by putting its U.S. consumer lending business on the chopping block, with big guns in the private-equity and banking world reportedly interested in buying the business.
According to Bloomberg, no less than four teams are bidding for the business - once known as CitiFinancial and now rebranded as OneMain Financial - which has about $13 billion in assets.
According to the report, one group interested in making a bid consits of BlackRock (BLK), KKR (KKR) and Warburg Pincus. That group is considering including Banco Santander (STD) as well. In an interview on Bloomberg TV, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink said that if his firm made a bid for OneMain, "it would be on behalf of clients, not for our balance sheet."
Another group of interested suitors is reportedly being led by Brysam Global Partners, a private equity shop headed by former Citi President and
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Lauren Tara LaCapra. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/laurenlacapra. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV