- Revenues increased 26.8% to $174.6 million versus $137.7 million a year ago. Revenues increased 13.5% from the third quarter of 2010.
- Rental revenues increased 26.3% from a year ago and 6.8% from the third quarter.
- New equipment sales increased 71.7% from a year ago and 32.8% from the third quarter.
- Gross margins were 23.9% as compared to 22.3% a year ago. EBITDA margins were 15.4% versus 14.2% a year ago (adjusted to remove a $9.0 million goodwill impairment charge in 2009).
- Rental gross margins increased to 39.2% in the fourth quarter compared to 27.1% a year ago and 37.5% in the third quarter.
- Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) increased to 62.7% compared to 53.3% last year and 62.3% in the third quarter. Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 67.0%, compared to 55.4% a year ago and 65.9% in the third quarter.
- Rental rates improved 2.2% sequentially from the third quarter, the second consecutive quarter of sequential gains in rental rates. Declines in rental rates on a year-over-year basis continued to moderate and were down 1.0% compared to the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Dollar utilization was 30.2% in the fourth quarter compared to 23.9% a year ago and 29.2% in the third quarter.
- Rental fleet age at December 31, 2010 was 43 months compared to an industry average of approximately 53 months.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Fourth Quarter 2010 And Full Year 2010 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.