MIDLAND, Texas, March 2, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Legacy Reserves LP ("Legacy") (Nasdaq:LGCY) today announced annual and fourth quarter results for 2010. This unaudited financial information is preliminary and is subject to adjustments to our final audited financial statements to be released on or about March 4, 2011 in conjunction with the filing of Legacy's Form 10-K for the year-ended December 31, 2010.
A summary of selected financial information follows. For consolidated financial statements, please see accompanying tables.
|Three Months Ended||Twelve Months Ended|
|December 31,||September 30,||December 31,|
|(dollars in millions)|
|Commodity Derivative Cash Settlements||$4.8||$6.3||$20.1||$52.5|
|Operating income (loss)||$14.2||$7.8||$38.3||($3.5)|
|Unrealized loss on commodity derivatives||($36.6)||($26.2)||($21.5)||($128.0)|
|Net income (loss)||($18.7)||($20.2)||$10.8||($92.8)|
|Adjusted EBITDA (*)||$39.7||$35.7||$140.4||$120.0|
|Distributable Cash Flow (*)||$21.5||$22.2||$89.0||$88.0|
|* Non-GAAP financial measure. Please see Adjusted EBITDA and Distributable Cash Flow table at the end of this press release for a reconciliation of these measures to their nearest comparable GAAP measure.|
Highlights of full year 2010 include the following:
- Production increased 17% to 9,611 Boe per day in 2010 from 8,225 Boe per day in 2009 due primarily to our approximately $280 million of acquisitions and approximately $33 million of development capital expenditures.
- Proved reserves as of December 31, 2010 increased by 42% to 52.8 MMBoe (86% PDP, 74% liquids) compared to 37.1 MMBoe (84% PDP, 72% liquids) as of December 31, 2009 due primarily to our acquisitions and drilling activity as well as commodity price increases.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 17% to $140.4 million in 2010 from $120.0 million in 2009.
- Our total unitholder return during 2010 was approximately 56.6%, including distributions.
- To partially fund our acquisitions, we completed two equity offerings during 2010 in which we issued approximately 8.3 million units and raised net proceeds of approximately $179 million.
- Production increased 5% to 10,337 Boe per day in the fourth quarter from 9,804 Boe per day in the third quarter due to production from recent acquisitions, workovers and increased development drilling, primarily on our operated Wolfberry locations.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 11% to $39.7 million during the fourth quarter from $35.7 million during the third quarter.
- We closed our acquisition of Permian Basin properties from Concho Resources on December 22, 2010, for $100.8 million (including estimated post-closing adjustments). This acquisition was the second-largest in our history after our acquisition of Wyoming properties from SM Energy in February 2010 for approximately $125.5 million.
- In anticipation of the closing of our Permian Basin acquisition, we closed a 3.45 million unit offering on November 23, 2010 that raised net proceeds of approximately $83.6 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV