OKLAHOMA CITY, March 2, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PostRock Energy Corporation (Nasdaq:PSTR) ("PostRock" or the "Company") today announced its results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010. Before turning to the results, the Company noted the following key events that took place during 2010.
- PostRock was formed out of three predecessor entities.
- White Deer Energy L.P., a private equity fund, invested $60 million in the Company.
- The Company's credit agreements were restructured.
- Certain Appalachian assets were sold for $28 million, another $11.7 million were sold in early 2011.
- Debt was reduced by $109.1 million, another $9.3 million was paid down in early 2011.
- 163 wells were completed and 292 returned to production in the Cherokee Basin.
- Proved reserves rose 80.3%, reaching 134.9 Bcfe at year-end.
- Operating costs were reduced to $2.39 a Mcfe.
Revenues fell to $103.9 million, a 2.0% decline from the prior year as the impact of lower production and reduced pipeline revenue was largely offset by higher oil and gas prices. Production declined 9.4% to 53.9 Mcfe a day, primarily due to a lack of development drilling in late 2008 and 2009. Average prices for the year, excluding hedging gains, increased 21.5% to $4.47 per Mcfe. Realized hedging gains during the year totaled $31.9 million. Interstate pipeline revenue decreased $8.3 million, or 44.5%, to $10.1 million due to the expiration of a significant contract at the end of October 2009.Production costs, including lease operating expenses ("LOE"), gathering, and severance and ad valorem taxes fell 16.1% to $47.0 million. The decline was comprised of a $6.6 million reduction in LOE and gathering costs and a $2.4 million reduction in production taxes. The cost reductions resulted from an increased focus on operating efficiencies in the Cherokee Basin. Severance and ad valorem taxes fell as a result of lower gas prices. Production costs totaled $2.39 per Mcfe, a 7.3% drop from 2009. During the year, the Company recovered $5.8 million of the cost to operate the gathering system through third party gathering fees. LOE net of this gathering cost recovery was $2.09 per Mcfe. Pipeline operating expense decreased 4.0% to $6.3 million. General and administrative expenses fell 36.6% to $26.4 million, reflecting a significant reduction in non-recurring expenses and savings realized following White Deer's investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV