|Aaron Regent, Barrick Gold CEO|
Barrick Gold (ABX) CEO Aaron Regent: "Absolutely, I think if anything, what's happened in the last couple of years, gold has continued to reassert itself in global monetary affairs. You're seeing serious economists, like the head of the World Bank, for example, talk about gold within the context of an independent measurement of the value of currencies and a measurement of what's happened with inflation or deflation in different countries. You're seeing central banks who have gone from being net sellers of gold in the last 20 years to now, in the last two years, they've been net purchasers of gold.
JPMorgan (JPM) announced gold can be used as collateral, so you're really seeing gold reassert itself back into the fold as a global monetary asset. I think there was a period of time where it was being viewed as a barbarous relic, but I think the psychology around gold and the interest in gold has changed dramatically.
Most recently, it was just announced a couple of days ago that the Chinese again have bought 300 tons of gold, and you can also see gold within countries like India and China ramp up gold demand
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV