BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Those who claim you can't make money in blue-chip dividend stocks should take a look at the following 10 Dow components. They've at least doubled since the March 2009 low, which was two years ago this week. Although the mega-cap index has lagged the S&P 500 and Nasdaq since then, several companies have surged. Several may still outperform in 2011. Below, they are ordered by performance since the low, from great to best.
10. JPMorgan (JPM) is a financial company, with retail-, commercial- and investment-banking units.
JPMorgan's stock has doubled since the March 2009 low. It is up 8.8% in 12 months and 15% in three. JPMorgan currently ranks as analysts' favorite Dow stock, based on aggregate ratings. Currently, 28, or 85%, of the analysts in coverage rate its stock "buy" and five rate it "hold." None rank it "sell." Oppenheimer forecasts a rise of 35% to $61. Nomura predicts a gain of 11% to $50. The stock trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 12, a forward earnings multiple of 8.2 and a sales multiple of 1.5, 16%, 26% and 14% peer discounts. JPMorgan's adjusted fourth-quarter earnings surged 84% to $1.12, beating researchers' consensus estimate by 12%. The company's quarterly revenue grew 23%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV