U.S. industrial stocks remain a popular pick for money managers as many are multinational companies that benefit from a weak dollar, pay a dividend and still can sell their goods abroad. Given hopes of a global recovery as well as the creation of a middle class in many emerging markets, these stocks still remain attractive, money managers say.
"All of those companies have international exposure, so they're not strictly domestic companies," he says. "They all have good revenue growth, good access to capital. Even if the market or the economy slows down, they will continue to do well and take market share from the weaker companies."Pavlik also likes the industrial sector as a play on global recovery. "I still think the world is in a growth phase and it's still early on," he says. "I don't think it is as tenuous as people treat it to be." Pavlik singles out Boeing (BA) and 3M (MMM), noting dividend yields that are just under 2.5% on each stock. For Boeing, he says the stock has and will continue to benefit on expectations for the delivery of the company's 787 Dreamliner jet. In regards to 3M, Pavlik says people will have more discretionary income, leading to the purchase of 3M's consumer-driven products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV