Bernstein Liebhard LLP is investigating whether wrongdoing occurred at Weatherford International, Ltd. (“Weatherford” or the “Company”) (NYSE: WFT) between January 1, 2007 and March 2, 2011.
Weatherford shares fell 11% today after the Company said it would have to restate its financial statements and delay its annual report because of accounting problems. Weatherford also said on a conference call that the Middle East turmoil could hurt sales, as 3% of its revenue comes from operations in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Bahrain and Yemen. Weatherford’s Libyan operations have been shut down completely.
Weatherford said it expects that it will have to make adjustments to its historical financial statements and its 2010 fourth quarter earnings, “totaling approximately $500 million for the periods from 2007 to 2010.” Most of the problems related to “an error in determining the tax consequences of intercompany amounts over multiple years.”
If you are interested in discussing your rights as a Weatherford shareholder and/or have information relating to the matter, please contact Joseph R. Seidman, Jr. at (877) 779-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Bernstein Liebhard has pursued hundreds of securities, consumer cases and recovered almost $3 billion for its clients. It has been named to The National Law Journal’s “Plaintiffs’ Hot List” in each of the last eight years.
|Bernstein Liebhard LLP 10 East 40th Street New York, New York 10016 (877) 779-1414 www.bernlieb.com|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV