"People have generally taken that for granted over the past few years. We will continue to see investors leaking out of the market because it is really labor intensive to manage a municipal market portfolio," said Fabian
Goode added that the sell-off in municipal bonds has created an opportunity for investors.
"Even though you have this big sell off, if you hold onto your bonds you have not lost any money. It is psychology," said Goode.
--Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV