Tuesday online customers that were being told that, "online banking is temporarily unavailable," may now find their sites are back and functioning.
A spokeswoman for BofA said that as of 4:30 Tuesday many states' online banking was back in service. She added that customers that had bookmarked their online banking page were not experiencing problems.
The Bank of America website had been slow since Monday due to routine upgrades over the weekend."There has been no impact to customer information or security compromises," said a BofA spokeswoman. Several customers had complained of the website performance during the day. Bank of America's homepage was responding over 15 seconds compared to 4.49 seconds in February, according to performance management company AlertSite, which was monitoring Bank of America's homepage every five minutes from several U.S. locations. Alertsite also said that response times on the site spiked as high as 90 seconds at some points and overall the site experienced 83.09% availability. The outage is the second this year. In mid-January Bank of America also experienced similar problems. --Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/newsgirlmw. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV