EMERYVILLE, Calif., March 2, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex:NBY), a clinical stage biotechnology company developing its first-in-class, anti-infective Aganocide ® compounds for the local non-systemic treatment and prevention of antibiotic-resistant infections, today provided an update on its Phase 2 clinical trial for the use of its lead compound, NVC-422, to prevent urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE) which is often a contributing factor to urinary tract infections in chronically catheterized patients.
UCBE Clinical Pathway
With recruitment beginning in December 2010, NovaBay's multi-center, randomized, double-blind proof-of-concept clinical trial compares the use of a catheter irrigation solution containing NVC-422 to the use of a saline irrigation, the most commonly used option for treating UCBE. The primary inclusion criterion is that subjects have a history of chronic episodes of UCBE. The trial design is a crossover study in which the patient serves as his/her own control. Patients will receive either NVC-422 or saline solution for a 2-week period delivered every other day via catheter irrigation. After a 2-week "washout" period, the patients will then receive a treatment with the other solution to complete the crossover design.Primary Outcome Measures:
- Catheter patency following treatment
- Incidence of catheter blockage requiring early removal
- Assessment of biofilm of catheter
- Assessment of encrustation of catheter
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV