Highlights in Q4 2010 included:
- Significant growth in Identive's RFID transponder business, fueled by increased demand for RFID inlays and components for applications ranging from payments to transportation to high-value asset tracking. The addition of Smartag production capacity in late November further boosted RFID transponder sales to record levels.
- Strong sales of SCM readers and other ID infrastructure products, including the partial fulfillment of orders for secure IT kits related to the German government's implementation of a new electronic citizen ID card. Identive's Multicard business in Germany, which was selected by the German government to provide application software and related services for the kits and to act as a project manager for their distribution, delivered nearly 100,000 secure IT kits while SCM delivered 215,000 kits to Multicard as well as to partners in the insurance and media industries for distribution to citizens.
- Continued strong orders from U.S. government agencies for Hirsch security and identity management systems as a result of continued high activity in the sector around compliance with security mandates under programs such as Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12.
- Sequential growth in Identive's Multicard Netherlands business from sales of additional solutions and services for payment applications.
- Important new contract wins for Multicard U.S. in the healthcare and education markets, for patient and student ID projects.
"In 2010 we saw the acceleration of secure ID programs in many areas of the world, as government security mandates and the convenience of RFID technology drove projects from access control at U.S. federal facilities to national ID cards to mass transit ticketing," continued Mr. Ashour. "While development of the secure ID market remains fragmented geographically, some clear trends are emerging in 2011. These include mobile payments, the deployment of personal identity credentials for local government employees, and ticketing for mass transit. Identive has unique competence across the RFID and secure ID value chains and is well positioned to participate in all of these trends."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV