While mostly commercial products have been listed so far, another company in the agricultural products sector worth noting is Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG).
Most people know it for its folksy TV ads where a spokesman praises the results of its products in the raising of flowers in a backyard garden.But it has a wide range of products including plant nutrients and pesticides used to grow and maintain lawns, gardens and golf courses and in the professional turf and horticulture markets. Its brand names are: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Ortho and Roundup. Its products are carried by large retail chains throughout North America and Europe. It also owns Scotts Lawn Service is one of the largest lawn-care providers in North America. For fiscal 2011, analysts estimate the company will earn $3.64 per share and that will grow by 13% to $4.13 per share in 2012. Standard & Poor's gives it a "buy" rating and four out of five stars. It gives it a 12-month $59 price target. Shares are currently trading around $55. S&P's review of analysts' ratings finds four "buys," five "buy/holds" and four "holds." Scotts Miracle-Gro shares are up 11% this year and 46% over the past 12 months, giving it a $3.7 billion market value. It has a 1.78% dividend yield. Institutional investors own about 30% of its shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV