Technical Trading Primer: What's Your Trading Timeframe?
That's not to say that you should limit yourself to a single strategy. While these monikers are useful ways of identifying similar types of traders, it's not uncommon for some traders to modify their timeframes of choice based on current market conditions -- hybrid strategies do exist. It's also not uncommon for a day trader to hire a position trading Commodity Trading Advisor to manage a retirement account.
More often than not, successful traders specialize in one single timeframe. The key to finding your timeframe is trial and error. Only actual trading will give you the ultimate answer.
-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV