statement after the closing bell, Datalink said it's selling 2.2 million common shares while a selling shareholder is offering up an additional 800,000 shares.
The stock was last quoted at $5.90, down 10.3%, on light after-hours volume of slightly more than 11,000, according to Nasdaq.com. The shares closed Tuesday's regular session at $6.58, off 2.5%, on volume of 183,000.
The company said it plans to use its share of the net proceeds generated by the offering "for potential acquisitions of other businesses that will complement its current business model and growth plans." As of Dec. 31, Datalink had roughly 13.1 million outstanding common shares on a fully diluted basis.Craig-Hallum Capital and Canaccord Genuity are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering, which is expected to price the week of March 7, according to a regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The filing also discloses the deal has a 15% over-allotment option, allowing for the potential sale of an additional 450,000 shares. Although Datalink's stock has risen nearly 60% in the past year, it's seen a marked pullback since hitting a 52-week high of $9.05 on Feb. 7. In fact, it's been a volatile six months for the shares, which plumbed their 52-week low of $2.93 on Sept. 16, 2010. Datalink reported its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Feb. 17, beating Wall Street expectations with its adjusted profit of 24 cents a share on revenue of $91 million. At current levels, Datalink shares are trading at a forward price-to-earnings multiple of a less than 10X. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV