OTTAWA, March 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL), a leading provider of unified communications software solutions, today announced its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 ended January 31, 2011. All financial results are in U.S. dollars.
- Revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $162.0 million, compared to $161.1 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDA (as defined below) for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $17.6 million, compared to $18.2 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Cash and cash equivalents as of January 31, 2011 were $90.7 million.
- Operating cash flows for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 were $4.8 million.
Net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $4.0 million, or $0.08 per share, compared to net income of $33.2 million, or $0.59 per share, in the same period last year (1). The net loss for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was largely driven by special charges and restructuring costs of $7.4 million.Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 was $8.6 million, or $0.15 per share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $12.1 million, or $0.21 per share, in the same period last year. Please refer to the GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliation tables in this release. "In the third quarter we saw progress across many fronts," stated Richard McBee, chief executive officer of Mitel. "Geographically, we had a significant win in the U.S. with the announcement of a $43 million, five-year contract with the New York City Department of Education. We saw strength in Asia Pacific and Central and Latin America. We also continue to see solid demand for our virtual software applications." Business Highlights
- New customer highlights:
- New York City Department of Education: a five-year $43 million contract awarded for communication systems and services
- Queensland Government Department of Education and Training in Australia, which oversees over 1,000 schools
- DCI of New York State, a Mitel authorized PARTNER, who is implementing a hosted solution for the hospitality market based on Mitel's cloud-based software technology
- Canadian Blood Services, a Canadian not-for-profit organization, implementing MCD and virtual UC applications.
- ONG&ONG, an architecture, design and engineering company based in Singapore
- the Vrije Universiteit (or VU - Free University) in Amsterdam for the Academic Centre for Dentistry with 1,400 users on a Mitel virtualized communications solution.
- Announced Datacenter Accreditation for Cloud-Based Unified Communications Services
- Partners announced: Artisan, Host.net and Hosting.com
- Announced New Technical Accreditation Program for Channel Partners
"We continued to take actions to reduce our cost structure going forward and improve our operational efficiencies," stated Steve Spooner, chief financial officer, Mitel. "In addition, today we elected to prepay $25 million of our outstanding first lien debt, which provides us with the opportunity to utilize our surplus cash to lower our interest payments."
- Partners announced: TwinState (Virtualized Voice Specialist), and Trans-West Network Solutions (Virtualized Voice Specialist, Mitel Contact Center Specialist and Mitel Unified Communications Specialist).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.