1. The Finish Line (FINL) is a mall-based retailer of athletic footwear, apparel and accessories.
The Finish Line's stock has surged 79% a year, on average, since 2008. It has advanced 39% in 12 months, but has fallen nearly 8% in three. Of stock analysts covering the equity, 13, or 93%, advise purchasing it and one recommends holding. None advocate selling the shares. The stock has a median target of $22.45, implying a 12-month rise of 32%. Sidoti & Co. values the equity at $26, consistent with a gain of 52%. Citigroup isn't as optimistic, ranking the stock "hold" with a $19 target. The Finish Line sells at sizable discounts to peer stocks.
It trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 15, a forward earnings multiple of 12, a book value multiple of 2, a sales multiple of 0.8 and a cash flow multiple of 7.2, 22%, 24%, 38%, 22% and 41% discounts to specialty retail industry averages. Its PEG ratio of 0.4 indicates a 60% discount to estimated fair value. The Finish Line's fiscal third-quarter adjusted earnings multiplied to eight cents, exceeding analysts' consensus estimate by 51%. Sales, up 8.7%, outperformed consensus by 4.4%. The Finish Line will report quarterly results Mar. 24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV