Additional Comcast community highlights from 2010 include:
- Employees donated $228,000 through the United Way Employee Giving Campaign.
- 58 high school seniors received college scholarships through the Comcast Leaders & Achievers scholarship program. Since 2004, 461 students in Colorado have benefited from these scholarships totaling a $521,000 investment.
- 3,800 volunteers participated in Comcast Cares Day on April 24, 2010. Volunteers devoted 22,800 hours of service to community organizations across Colorado.
- Comcast is in the second year of the Comcast Digital Connectors program, an intensive 9-month computer literacy/leadership program for young people.
- Comcast Colorado was recognized as Outstanding Large Corporation of the Year by National Philanthropy Day in Colorado and received the Colorado Nonprofit Association Inaugural Excellence in Media Award.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (
www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.