CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- With more than 100 tablets expected to flood onto the market this year, Apple's (AAPL) widely-anticipated iPad 2 launch on Wednesday is critically important for the consumer tech giant, according to Brian White, an analyst at Ticonderoga Securities.
"This event is not to be taken lightly, as the iPad is an important growth driver for Apple, and the company enjoys a first mover advantage," he said in a note released on Tuesday. "We believe Apple must make a convincing case for why the iPad 2 is better than the plethora of competitors coming to market, while at the same time persuading iPad 1 buyers to upgrade to iPad 2."
|Apple's expected iPad 2 unveiling on Wednesday is crucial for the tech giant, according to Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White.|
Apple is expected to woo consumers with a host of new iPad features, including front and rear-facing cameras, FaceTime video calling and perhaps a new operating system, iOS 5.
Ticonderoga's White warns, however, that the San Francisco launch will lack the star power brought by the company's iconic CEO, Steve Jobs. "This gathering will allow investors to evaluate how the Apple team executes during a crucial new product launch in light of Steve Jobs's medical leave of absence," he wrote. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV