Updated to include Liveris statement.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Dow Chemical (DOW) CEO Andrew Liveris has informed Citigroup (C) that he will not stand for re-election to its board of directors, Citi said in a regulatory filing on Monday evening.
Liveris, who serves on the public affairs and personnel and compensation committees, joined Citi's board on Sept. 20, 2005. He informed Chairman Dick Parsons on Feb. 25 that he would not stand for re-election at the bank's annual meeting, scheduled for April 21.
"Having devoted six years to serving on the Board of Citi, I decided that now is the appropriate time for me to retire from the Board," Liveris said in a statement provided by Dow spokesman Bob Plishka. "I am glad to have been able to make a contribution to the company during this time including working with my fellow board members to help shepherd the company during the global financial crisis."The 56-year-old executive also serves on the board of IBM Corp. (IBM), as well as President Obama's Export Council. -- Written by Lauren Tara LaCapra in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Lauren Tara LaCapra. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/laurenlacapra. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV