Blockbuster received an initial "stalking horse" bid in February from Cobalt Video Holdco, a limited liability company formed by funds managed by Monarch Alternative Capital, Owl Creek Asset Management, Stonehill Capital Management and Värde Partners.
Disney said in a filing that the bid favors the secured lenders over Blockbuster's other creditors. Disney has a $9.2 million claim for merchandise shipping to the bankrupt movie chain. Disney objects "to the secured lender apparently having dictated sale terms beneficial to itself and detrimental to the debtors' estates and its administrative trade creditors."
Other creditors objecting to the bid include Yahoo (YHOO), Universal Studios, the U.S. Trustees office and a bevy of landlords and unsecured creditors.Blockbuster is seeking approval for the stalking horse bid on March 2. Separately, Blockbuster disclosed a list of potential bidders in court documents that include Amazon (AMZN), Best Buy (BBY), and NCR (NCR), the operator of its Blockbuster Express kiosks. Blockbuster said this list does not mean any of the potential buyers will attempt to buy the company or that a deal is imminent. --Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV